- 1 ½ cups Water
- 1 cup White rice, long grain
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp White sugar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 lb Shrimp (26/30 count), peeled & deveined
- 1 medium Red bell pepper , sliced
- ½ cup Carrot , shredded
- ¾ cup Stock , chicken or vegetable
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1 cup Snap peas
- For garnish Green onion , sliced
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice and salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, about 16-18 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam, covered, for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and sesame oil. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat add the shrimp, peppers, and carrots and pour the sauce on top. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until shrimp is pink.
- Add stock to the skillet along with the broccoli and snap peas. Stir and cover. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Using a fork, fluff the rice. Serve rice with stir fry on top.
If you desire a thicker sauce, whisk the broth with cornstarch before adding it to the skillet