- ¼ cup Neutral oil
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 ½ lbs Shrimp (26/30 count), peeled and deveined, cut lengthwise
- To taste Salt
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Jalapeno , seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Parsley, chopped
- 8 Corn tortilla, 15 cm / 6” diameter
- For garnish Lime, quartered
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. When just starting to smoke, add the onions and stir. Cook until they start to turn soft, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and salt. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are mostly pink - 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add butter, jalapeno, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until garlic is fragrant - 1 minute. Turn off the heat and stir in parsley.
- Heat another skillet over medium heat. Warm tortillas for about 20 seconds per side. Set aside and cover. Repeat until all tortillas are warm.
- Spoon shrimp filling into each tortilla and serve with lime wedges.
- You can add additional garnishes, such as lettuce, sour cream and cheese
- Corn tortillas must be heated, otherwise they will fall apart
- Alternatively, you can use flour tortillas