- For pasta water Salt
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- ¼ cup Olive oil , extra virgin
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 fillets Anchovy, fillets
- 1 28 oz Tomatoes, crushed, canned
- ½ cup Black olives, halved
- ¼ cup Capers
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- ½ tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Parsley , chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until a few minutes before al dente. Drain the pasta and return to pot.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Add anchovies to skillet and use a fork to break them up. Stir in crushed tomatoes, black olives and capers. Season with salt, black pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes. Lower heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add parsley to sauce and stir. Add half the sauce to the spaghetti in the pot and cook over high heat for about a minute, tossing spaghetti with sauce.
- Divide pasta evenly among four bowls and add a spoonful of extra sauce on top.
- Any long pasta noodle you have will work in this recipe
- Garnish pasta with grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese if desired
- Add up to 6 anchovies, depending on your taste preference