- For pasta water Salt
- ½ lb Penne pasta
- 3 Sausage, Italian, crumbled
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Stock, vegetable or chicken
- ½ tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 400 g can Tomatoes , diced
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper , freshly ground
- For garnish Basil , torn into small pieces
- For garnish Parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook until a few minutes before al dente. Drain water. Set pasta aside.
- Remove sausage meat from casings and crumble it into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer sausage to a plate and set aside. Drain fat from skillet.
- Using the same skillet, add garlic, stock and all-purpose flour. Whisk until flour has dissolved and scrape any browned bits from bottom of pan. Cook until mixture is reduced, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, heavy cream, and sausage meat. Cook sauce until thickened to your preference, about 3 to 6 more minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add basil and toss with drained pasta. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
- Alternatively, you can use mild sausage
- Any short pasta noodle is suitable to use