Olive oil, extra virgin
30 mL / 2 tbsp
Spinach, rinsed and dried
1 small bunch
8 large eggs
80 mL / ⅓ cup
Black pepper, freshly ground
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 325°F
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add half the spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Add remaining spinach and salt and continue cooking until all of the spinach is wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, black pepper, and salt.
- Add cooked spinach mixture, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and basil to egg mixture and stir.
- Pour mixture back into skillet and place in oven. Bake until set, about 20 minutes. Serve.
You can add other ingredients (i.e. bacon, bell peppers)
You can substitute cheddar cheese for mozzarella
You can use frozen spinach instead (about 1/2 cup, drained)
You can substitute yellow onion for shallots
Serve with a green salad if desired