- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lb Steak, striploin
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 Yellow onion
- To taste Dijon mustard
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 1 Baguette
- Slice steak into thin strips. Bring an oiled skillet to high heat. Add beef to the skillet and season with salt.
- Cook until beef is just golden, remove from skillet. Set aside.
- Slice onion into half rings. Using the same skillet, sauté onions until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice baguette lengthwise, spread mustard on both sides of bread. Follow with slices of steak and cheese. Keep sandwich open and broil until cheese is bubbly and melted, about 2 min. Serve warm.
- Alternatively, use provolone cheese
- You can substitute red onion for yellow onion if you prefer
- Arugula lettuce makes a nice addition