- 1 lb Sweet potato
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- To taste Cayenne, (optional)
- Heat oven to 200°C / 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut sweet potato into thin strips.
- Coat sweet potatoes in cornstarch and place in a large bowl. Add salt and toss until all the starch is absorbed into the potatoes. Add vegetable oil and toss to coat.
- Divide potatoes among the two baking sheets and spread into a single, even layer.
- Bake until fries are just starting to brown around the edges, about 15 minutes. Flip them and return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Season with cayenne pepper, if using, and serve.
- Add any additional spices you desire
- Cut potato into strips of the same size so that they will cook evenly
- Pair with BBQ sauce or a mayonnaise-based sauce