- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- ⅓ cup Orange juice
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 lb Chicken thighs, boneless and skin-on
- 5 cups Broccoli , cut into florets
- 2 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Salt
CHICKEN AND GARNISH
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1½ tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, orange juice, honey, ginger and sesame oil.
- Remove skin from chicken. Cut chicken into 2.5 cm / 1” pieces and toss with marinade. Cover and marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli with olive oil, garlic and salt. Spread onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Roast in preheated oven until broccoli is browned in spots, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving marinade in the bowl. Sauté chicken until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Pour reserved marinade into the skillet, add butter and heat over medium/high. Bring to a boil and stir until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add chicken back in and stir.
- Remove broccoli from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with chicken.
- Peeling ginger with a spoon makes it easier
- Alternatively, serve chicken with rice
- Alternatively, you can use chicken breasts but cooking times will vary
- Additionally, you can garnish chicken with sliced green onion