- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- ⅓ cup Orange juice
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Ginger , peeled and grated
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 1 cup White rice , long grain
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 2 lbs Chicken thigh , boneless, skin-on
- 1 ½ tbsp Butter
- For garnish Green onion , diced
- For garnish Sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, orange juice, honey, ginger and sesame oil.
- Remove skin from chicken. Cut chicken into 2.5 cm / 1” pieces and toss with marinade. Cover and marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice and salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, about 16 to 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam, covered, for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving marinade in the bowl. Sauté chicken until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Pour reserved marinade into the skillet, add butter and heat over medium/high. Bring to a boil and stir until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add chicken back in and stir.
- Using a fork, fluff the rice. Serve with chicken, garnished with green onion and sesame seeds.
- Peeling ginger with a spoon makes it easier
- Alternatively, serve chicken over noodles