- For pasta water Salt
- ½ lb Penne pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 onion Yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 14 oz can Tomatoes , diced
- ½ tsp Oregano, dried
- ½ cup Goat cheese
- 8 leaves Basil , thinly sliced
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- For garnish Parmesan cheese , grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until a few minutes before al dente. Drain water and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add in diced tomatoes and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer, gently, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in goat cheese and basil. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve with pasta and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Any short pasta noodle you have will work in this recipe
- If you like spice, add red pepper flakes to the sauce