- 2 ½ lbs Trout , fillets
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- ⅔ cup All-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Almonds, sliced
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 lb Green beans, trimmed
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- For serving Lemon wedges
- Season trout with salt and black pepper.
- Spread flour in a shallow bowl and dredge fish in flour on both sides. Shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add trout skin-side up and cook for 3 minutes. Flip fillets and cook for about 2 to 3 more minutes, or until cooked through. Remove fish to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Wipe down skillet and melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds and cook, stirring often, until butter starts to brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Set aside.
- In another large skillet, bring water and green beans to a boil on high heat, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Drain green beans and pat dry with paper towel. Add butter and garlic, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add green beans back in with salt and black pepper and combine.
- Place 1 trout fillet on each plate. Spoon almond sauce over each fillet. Serve with lemon wedges and green beans.
- Add any other spices you like to the green beans. Thyme and oregano both work well.
- Alternatively, pair trout with asparagus or salad